Netsuite – Software as a Service (SaaS)
We are in an era that the technologies embeds in cloud infrastructure. In this age, business success depends more on the applications which are hosting on the cloud platform. SaaS applications are all cloud applications in which the storage and processing take place cloud platform hence the business does not need to implement IT infrastructure for their own. It is a software distribution model in which a third party provider can host the applications on the cloud and the customers can access them over the internet. Software as a Service provides cloud applications, and Netsuite is a good example of SaaS services. NetSuite – Software as a Service helps more than 4000 organizations now.
Software as a Service is also referred to as:
- On-demand software
- Web-based software or Web-based application
- Hosted software
Netsuite – Software as a Service model provides fully integrated cloud solutions. It is a powerful tool supports Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM). NetSuite provides two types of SaaS-Vertical and Horizontal. NetSuite SuiteSuccess is an example for Vertical whereas SRP and SuitePeople are an example for Horizontal SaaS. Many companies are moving to cloud from on-premise ERP.
Key features of Software as a Service:
- Cloud computing offering
- It is a distribution model
- Data is secure on the cloud
- Use of resources are scalable
- It is browser and device independent hence able access from many devices.
Major advantages of NetSuite – Software as a Service:
- Reduced ROI
- Lower costs
- Easy scalability and integrations
- New releases
- Easy to use and perform proof of concepts.
- Go to market time (implementation time) is faster when compared with on-premise software.