Netsuite – Software as a Service (SaaS)
We are presently living in an era that the technologies embedded in cloud infrastructure. In this age, the success of a business depends more on the applications and that are hosted on the cloud platform. SaaS applications are cloud based applications in which the storage and processing take place in the cloud platform, hence the business does not need to implement IT infrastructure with their own. It is a software distribution model where a third party provider can host the applications on the cloud and the customers can access them over the internet. Software as a Service provider, cloud applications, and Netsuite is a good example of SaaS services. NetSuite – Software as a Service helps more than 4000 organizations now.
Software as a Service is also referred to as:
- On-demand software
- Web-based software or Web-based application
- Hosted software
NetSuite – Software as a Service model provides fully integrated cloud solutions. It is a powerful tool supports Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM). NetSuite provides two types of SaaS-Vertical and Horizontal. NetSuite SuiteSuccess is an example for Vertical whereas SRP and SuitePeople are an example for Horizontal SaaS. Many companies are moving to cloud from on-premise ERP.
Key features of Software as a Service:
- It offers Cloud computing
- It is a distribution model
- Data is secured on the cloud
- Use of scalable resources
- It is a browser and is device-independent.
- It can able to access from many devices.
Major advantages of NetSuite – Software as a Service:
- Reduced ROI
- Lower costs
- Easy scalability and integrations
- New releases
- Easy to use and perform proof of concepts.
- Go to market time (implementation time) is faster when compared with on-premise software.