Suitecommerce 2019.1 Release – GROW BEYOND – A BLUEPRINT FOR GROWTH
NetSuite Suitecommerce Themes/Extensions
Oracle NetSuite helps the customers to boost up their by reducing their marketing efforts, improving their website designs and further helps to integrate the site with other applications by using Suite commerce 2019.1 Release. Changes that could affect your Suite commerce and further some instances are coming in this release.
NetSuite Suitecommerce themes/extensions let you change the look and feel of your SCA websites and also allows you to add new functionalities through its themes and extensions.
In the 2019.1 release, NetSuite Suitecommerce themes/extensions introduce mechanisms for UI for non-technical users. And it can make outstanding customer experiences which further make business success across all channels.
In this release of NetSuite Suitecommmerce, it offers a number of benefits by retaining the codebase and richness of SCA.
- Theme Customizer
- Customization through extensions
- Managed bundle updates
Theme Customizer – a new WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) editor allows you to customize the website in moments without having to change the template or Saas files. NetSuite Suitecommerce themes can be customized using the new features of the site management tools, after enabling the same. And also the site administrators can make a number of changes to the site.
Managed bundle updates – allows you to migrate to the 2019.1 Release which further enables the core SCA features without adhering to change the code.
To create a theme in a conventional Suitecommerce method is too difficult, there are a lot of self-contained modules which has to be transferred from site to site and the developers need to work locally on them. The NetSuite Suitecommerce Extension Management in the Suitecommerce 2019.1 release allows you a new user interface where you can enable and select any extensions available to your site. Once a theme has been enabled, you can customize it by using new features of site management tool.
Status before the new 2019.1 release:
Till now, we have been using NetSuite customizations with Kilimanjaro, Vinson, Mont Blanc and Elbrus versions, which includes extending objects, template overrides, wrapping methods, and also many others.
It had created a lot of problems:
- Functionality is site-specific, version-specific
- Code is modularized, but not easily distribute
- UI is defined by the developers
- Functionality actions in the hands of developers
- Migration is expensive as well as time-consuming.
The future of Suitecomerce development:
- Suitecommerce 2018.2
- Suitecommerce 2019.1
The Aconcagua release introduces Suitecommerce product line along with Extension framework that can enhance your webstore experience and it extended to Suitecommerce 2018.2, and Suitecommerce 2019.1.
NetSuite Suitecommerce themes/extensions framework
- Powerful UI
- Refreshed developer experience
- Source code cleanliness
- A simplified and guided approach
The new UI of Suitecommerce 2019.1 allows the developer to create the theme and the control hand over to site administrators. This feature combines both the roles of developers and site administrators. Finally, the site administrators can add essential changes which include skins – skins are like an abstraction layer containing a set of predefined values. Once the theme layout has been created, then the site administrators can change the colour, fonts and spacing. And this will helps them to make seasonal changes if essential.
Versioning: While deploying code to NetSuite, the system checks the version number whether it exists or not. If it exists, it overwrites the files if not, NetSuite creates new records for your Suitecommerce themes/extensions.
Activation: After the deployment of the Suitecommerce theme/extension, it must be activated. It takes place in the Extension Management page. Site upgrades do not take effect until we activate them.
Scope of Extensions in Suitecommerce 2019.1 Release:
- Backward compatible
- Less complexity in the usage
Steps to update Suitecommerce theme/extensions within a Suite app:
- Update the themes and extensions as required
- Deploy the updated theme/extensions to the updated NetSuite account which is used to create the suite app.
- Confirm the manifestation files reflect the correct version
- Edit the installation script, if it is essential
- Finally, edit the suite app using NetSuite suite bundler
The conditions to benefit from using Suitecommerce themes/extensions:
- NetSuite account must be provisioned with SuiteCommerce extension bundle and account administrator should install that bundle.
- It should be the latest release of NetSuite account
- The administrator should activate the SUitecommerce theme/extension
- Also, Install Suitecommerce advanced Suitecommerce 2019.1