Warehouse services are under rising stress now more than ever. The increase in eCommerce sales is compelling warehouses to raise output without extra resources to do so. However, the warehouse is a cost centre, and as firms strive to be more cautious and retain more cash on hand, warehouse budgets are frozen or even reduced.
This is a challenge for the businesses that depend on manual processes to operate their warehouses. Manual operations are time consuming and vulnerable to mistakes, and also expensive. The utilization of mobile applications and automation enhance everyday warehouse operations and improve warehouse capability, which is essential to keep up with the increasing demand.
NetSuite assists in boosting these developments with its latest mobile abilities and more automation processes in 2022 Release 1 for NetSuite warehouse management system (WMS) and NetSuite Pack Station.
NetSuite 2022 Release 1 New Warehouse Features Drive Efficiency
NetSuite’s mobile application for warehouse management systems permits warehouse employees to carry out everyday tasks right from the warehouse floor. It consists of the capability to arrange the warehouse space, collect, organize labour and fulfil orders, and also tracing of goods as they reach, move throughout and depart the warehouse. The latest features in NetSuite 2022 Release 1 include:
• Zone Picking permits pickers to carry out their duties from particular zones, preventing the repetition of labour. This offers greater output, scalability and flexibility in managing both smaller and greater order volumes, and managing various product sizes, with different picker volumes.
• Better utility, besides more visibility into data from a particular screen, improved printing performance, extra visibility into picking position and waves and added tally scanning performance.
Accessible as a part of NetSuite WMS or as an independent offering, the Pack Station mobile app helps packing and to ship to be more organized, permitting companies to recognize picked items that have similar shipping paths and thus pack all of them in one shipment. Here are the latest capabilities:
• Customers can swap between pounds and kilograms which helps packers to process in the unit of measure they are most secure with.
• The capability to bulk pack and unpack “Ship as Is” items, avoiding repetitive procedures for items picked for various orders simultaneously.
• Packing administrators can examine certain guidelines on how an item should be packed right from the packing screen prior to beginning the order.
Increasing Output and Efficiency with NetSuite WMS
In addition to these latest capabilities, NetSuite WMS and Pack Station solutions optimize warehouse operations in these fields:
Receiving: Inbound logistics permit warehouse employees to control and organize the effective transportation, receipt and storage of inbound inventory with the NetSuite WMS system. Mobile accepting and predetermined put away schemes assure items are obtained perfectly, and as anticipated, and every significant data is noticed and included in the inventory record during the time of receipt so items are able to be utilized most effectively. Finally, accurately receiving assured inventory is instantly visible to significant resources, such as availability to fulfil open orders.
Storage: Warehouse space is at a premium and utilizing it effectively is a necessary way of enhancing profitability. This is significant as businesses include products to their portfolio and over high seasonal sales times, such as the holidays. NetSuite WMS optimizes warehouse space, makes sure items are kept properly and confirms that it has adequate space when shipments come. In addition to that, it permits rapid moving inventory to be recognized therefore it can be kept accessible to reduce pickers crossing the warehouse back and forth while filling orders.
Fulfillment: NetSuite order fulfillment verifies orders are distributed to consumers rapidly and accurately. Streamlining and systematizing processes improves capability and reduces the possibilities of error.
• Wave release permits warehouse administrators to recognize the actual orders to release to the warehouse for picking on the basis of criteria such as consumer, anticipated ship date, item/zone, shipping manner and any or all of the above, and pick all those orders together for improved productivity.
• Pick plans activates the system to recognize the proper suggested item lots to be used according to the concepts such as First-Expired-First-Out (or FEFO), pick to clean, pick to fill or primary bin location.
• The application further takes warehouse pickers through the picking process, assuring inventory is utilized when and how you want it to be.
• Moreover, NetSuite WMS includes the idea of pick path and zone picking to both individual and multi-order picking, further optimizing the picking process so that pickers are not crossing back and forth over the warehouse picking items. And, for multi-order picking, it will recognize clustering possibilities, permitting pickers to pick every similar item for multiple orders at once.
• Once picked, the Pack Station mobile app aids further optimization of the packing and shipping operations. Pack Station offers extra intelligence permitting companies to recognize picked items that have similar shipping paths and pack them in one shipment, and also print customizable carton labels, pallet labels, bills of lading and packing records and take weights from a weighing scale all through the kiosk device, aiding to reduce shipping expenses and enhance shipping times.
Through NetSuite WMS, and particularly the development of the mobile application, businesses are capable of automating many manual operations that consume valuable time and resources so that they can improve output and efficiency.
To access more information about the new capabilities of NetSuite 2022 Release 1, connect with Jobin & Jismi. We offer comprehensive support for the ERP solution's integration and development.