Subsidiary-Based Item Control with NetSuite-SuiteCommerce Customization
An Australian supplier of various types of construction tools, including hand & diamond tools, safety products, and workwear approached Jobin & Jismi to customize their website to turn off specific items based on subsidiary. With their global presence, they sought an effective solution to customize their website by hiding items specific to certain subsidiaries.
Our client wanted to make specific items unavailable for purchase in one of their subsidiaries while continuing to offer these items for sale in their other subsidiaries. It was important that this customization had to reflect in their existing system without disrupting ongoing transactions. Removing the item-level subsidiary wasn’t an option, as existing transactions in NetSuite relied on it, making a customized solution necessary.
What We Suggested
To meet the client’s SuiteCommerce customization needs, we proposed a solution that enhances subsidiary-based item control. This involved checkboxes within NetSuite item records to specify the subsidiaries that can access specific items. This way, they can easily toggle item visibility for specific subsidiaries.
Here is an overview of the steps we took:
1. Subsidiary Control: The check box functionality implemented in NetSuite item records allowed users to check or uncheck subsidiaries for individual items. This feature provides complete control over item visibility, ensuring that items can be easily excluded or included for specific subsidiaries.
2. Item Listing: By configuring the system to reflect the subsidiary-specific checkboxes, items designated as ‘off’ for a particular subsidiary would automatically be hidden from the website. They will not appear in item searches either.
3. Transaction Continuity: The changes in item visibility do not disrupt existing transactions, allowing the client to transition smoothly without any order discrepancies.
4. Live Updates: If a commodity is ready to be sold or needs to be locked, users can update the checkbox in NetSuite, and it will be instantly reflected on the website.
• Even if an item is hidden, it can remain accessible through the purchase history page, allowing users to view recent orders and potentially reorder it. Users attempting to reorder such items will be prevented from doing so, and instead, an alert message will be displayed.
• The item may appear on the cart page if customers have previously added it to their wish list. However, any traces of these items will be completely removed from the cart page to ensure no record of them is visible.
By implementing our solution, the client achieved several key benefits which include:
• Efficient management of item visibility for multiple subsidiaries
• Ability to toggle item visibility on and off for specific subsidiaries any time
• Ensuring a seamless online shopping experience for their customers by displaying real-time item availability
• Smooth transition without any disruption to their existing transactions
• 95% real–time accuracy in subsidiary-specific item restrictions
• Reduced reorder errors by 80%since items are no longer listed for ordering
• Improved Cart Page Clarity by hiding unavailable items
At Jobin & Jismi, our primary focus is customer satisfaction. We take pride in understanding our clients’ needs and delivering tailor-made solutions that address their unique business requirements. This project serves as a testament to our ability to provide customized SuiteCommerce solutions, enhancing our clients’ online presence, and optimizing their operations.