Creating Terms for Customer Credit and Cash Accounts in NetSuite
A New Zealand-based client of ours supplying cold-chain packaging systems consulted us for a custom requirement to create an option for customers to apply for credit terms on their e-commerce webstore.
Our client wanted a new section in the webstore through which the user can apply for credit terms and have default cash terms. This had to be available as a tab in the user account, which if clicked would take the customer to fill out information to request credit. Our client required this custom development in all three domains (New Zealand – NZ, Australia – AU and the United States of America – USA).
In order to provide an option for the customers to apply for credit terms from the webstore, our team created an extension to develop the following functionalities:
1. When the customer signs into the webstore, a tab named ‘Account Application’ will be displayed in ‘my account’ section.
2. This new tab navigates to a page where the account application form provided will be displayed. At the bottom of the page, an ‘Account Application’ button will be displayed.
3. When the user clicks the ‘Account Application’ button, an email will be sent to a specific ID containing details of the form.
4. Our developers also created a new email template as the form includes multiple fields.
5. A single email template was made as both NZ and AU contain the same fields. Since the US domain is different, we styled a new email template.
The customization was successful and our client was able to enjoy the projected benefits. Their customers in all three domains now enjoy a seamless web experience backed by NetSuite.
Wish to drive your business success with our comprehensive NetSuite Customization Services? Reach out to us at email@example.com to schedule a consultation and see how we can help you take your business to the next level.